Bristol, City of Bristol
£25339 - £28101/annum
Seetec Pluss is one of the UK’s leading providers of employability and health services, supporting thousands of people to move into employment each year.
As an organisation we are recruiting for a number of Employability contracts to support the unemployment back to work. This job will play a key role in contributing to the UK’s economic recovery, ‘Restart’ which is a cornerstone of the Governments ‘Plan for Jobs’ strategy and the existing expansion to the existing Work and Health Programme (WHP_JETS).
The role will be supporting individuals who have been in long- term unemployment or those affected because of the devastating economic impact of Covid-19. We will address the barriers to gaining new employment with tailored support for each individual to achieve and sustain good work, including supported job search, re-training for a different sector and restoring self-confidence for work.
You will provide motivational support to build positive relationships, guide, inspire, challenge, encourage and help individuals obtain sustainable employment.
The role of the Employment Advisor will be to support our clients onto the program and support them on their journey to secure sustainable employment. Our ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, be target driven as well as a motivational adviser to build positive relationships.You will need to be able to guide, inspire, and encourage individuals to find suitable employment. You will have a high level of initiative and motivation with the ability to seek out solutions to problems, and be able to work under pressure, without day to day supervision. You should also have experience working in an advising and guidance environment or previously worked within employability.
If you are from a sales/recruitment background or work in an environment that involves problem solving and helping others then we would love to hear from you.
Join us and be proud to help our communities and be part of the recovery ensuring no one is left behind.
- Meet, and strive to exceed, personal performance targets (Key Performance Indicators).
- Progressively manage a caseload of referred customers using a variety of appropriate strategies to help them overcome barriers to gaining employment.
- Deliver a positive experience to new customers, ensuring they engage with you and the programme.
- Achieve the Customer Service Standards required on the programme
- Facilitate a range of assessments with each individual, using a suite of tools, to fully understand a customer’s personal circumstances, ambitions and goals.
- Where required, provide appropriate advice and guidance on the basics of self-employment and signpost customers to specialist agencies that can further support customers in respect to self-employment.
- Co-produce personalised tailored Action Plans featuring SMART targeting to enable positive and timely progression.
- Provide tailored support in all aspects of job-search and interview preparation to ensure that customers are matched to the right job that enables them to sustain employment.
- Where required, provide appropriate training/guidance to customers to help them master digital technologies, in order for them to engage in guided self-service learning materials and online job vacancies.
- Fully understand the local labour market, to source suitable job opportunities.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to maximise job opportunities, i.e. federation of small businesses, chamber of commerce, JCP partnership managers
- Develop an understanding of specialist signposting services in the local area/region, building knowledge in areas such as specific disabilities, housing, benefits etc. Knowledge to be applied where appropriate during caseload management.
Skills and Experience
- A good working knowledge of the local labour market in the specified geographical locations
- Basic knowledge of self-employment
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- Knowledge of the employability industry
- Knowledge of the recruitment industry
- Experience of working with people in the provision of ‘information, advice & guidance’
- Full driving licence to enable deployment across a specified geographical area (region), when required
Salary: £25,339 - £28,101 per annum (dependent on experience)
Hours: 37 hrs (full time) 8.30am- 5.00pm Monday -Thursday, Friday 8.30am -4.30pm
Closing Date: 16th March 2022 (Rolling campaign due to high volume of activity)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + Birthday day off, Pension, Competitive Salary, optional discounted Medical and Health Cash Plans, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, Eye care scheme, Access to wide range of local and national discounts.
In light of Covid-19 Interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams. Following recent developments from COVID 19 you may see a delay in receiving feedback or interviews being scheduled.
Unfortunately, we have no control over time restraints and will be in touch as soon as possible.
Please Note: We are currently bidding for number of government contracts which are due to be announced April 2021.
Seetec Pluss is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec Pluss support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”.
Seetec Pluss is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- Employment Advisor
- £25,339 - £28,101/annum
- Bristol, City of Bristol
22/03/2021 Featured job
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts