Sales Assistant - Edinburgh
Graham the Plumbers Merchants
Backed by a well-respected organisation, working as a Sales Assistant for one of the largest Building Merchants in the UK you'll build strong relationships with staff and customers as you ensure sales and productivity targets are met and the highest standards of service are upheld.
You'll be driving our sales on the shop floor alongside an established and close working team who like to work hard but also have fun! We truly invest in our team and support them in their career development. With such a significant presence both in the UK and worldwide, we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are you in?
What will I be doing in the role?
- Generating quotations for our trade and retail customers
- Qualify leads right through the design and delivery process.
- Consult and advise customers towards the best possible solutions to fit their needs.
- Ensuring a professional response to customer queries over the telephone and face to face
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment
What we look for in a Sales Consultant
- Previous sales/customer service experience is (essential).
- Have relevant technical/product knowledge (desirable)
- It would be an advantage if you have used software such as CAD
- Are passionate about delivering excellent customer service.
- Manage and prioritise your own workload whilst also have a flexible/adaptable approach to working
- Can build customers confidence by advising them and guiding their decisions whilst providing the best possible solution to fit their needs.
- That you enjoy working towards targets and working with customers from conception to completion.
- Are well presented, articulate and confident with an ability to communicate with customers and stakeholders from all levels.
What about the business I'll be joining?
This vacancy is working for Grahams; Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (increasing to 33 with service)
- Share plan
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts on 600 retailers and leisure activities and various other benefits.
- Working for an organisation who won TOP GLOBAL EOMPLYER 2016 AND 2017
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: (url removed)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.