Trade Counter Assistant - Graham: The Plumbers' Merchant - Borehamwood
Graham are a part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of 'TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' five years running! (2016-2020)
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and customer focused Trade Counter Assistant to join our Graham Borehamwood site. You'll play a crucial role in supporting the branch with all aspects of customer service, from serving customers on our trade counter to supporting the warehouse with stock picking and organising deliveries.
Here at Graham, we aim to provide a personable approach, maintaining a "family feel" as we pride ourselves on offering not only the best commercial offering for our customers, but also the best customer service too. By putting our people, colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do, we believe it is them that give us a competitive advantage to help make Graham the Best Local Plumbers Merchant around.
As a Trade Counter Assistant with Graham, you will:
- Build successful working relationships with customers, face to face and over the telephone, to help identify opportunities and drive sales growth for your branch.
- Carry out all cash transactions, refunds and till processes accurately and in accordance with branch procedures
- Support the warehouse by helping to unload deliveries, picking goods for customers and organising deliveries from suppliers.
- Ensure every Graham customer receives top quality customer service.
At Graham, we pride ourselves on giving our customers the best possible service, but that can only happen if we have people with the right attitude working for us.
So if you…
- Take pride in delivering excellent customer service and building successful, working relationships.
- Have previous experience of customer centric and consultative selling.
- Ideally, have knowledge of the heating/plumbing industry - desirable.
- Are an excellent team player, able to work and communicate with a diverse range of people and skill sets.
- Are IT literate and digitally aware to support the ever evolving demands of our customers.
…we may just be the right fit for each other! Does this sound like you?
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- Competitive Salary.
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits.
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- As a Graham employee, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
So if you're up for a new challenge, apply online today!
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.