My client, a leading importer of homewares and electrical products is seeking an experienced QA Technologist.
Reporting into the QA Director, the main function is to carry out product assessments in relation to required standards. To proactively work with buyers and merchandisers to ensure critical path deadlines are met in relation to test reports, instruction manuals etc, and customer gold seal approvals and to ensure selected products comply with all relevant testing standards. Duties include: -
Create and maintain technical files for relevant product areas to ensure safety of imported products.
- Technically assess products in relation to the general product safety regulations and the required industry standards.
- Keep track of the internal master trackers for orders placed and outstanding job required including preshipment inspections & Gold Seals.
- Ensure product specifications are up to date and have the required details.
- Correspond with major retails in relation to product selections and their requirements on technical specifications and complete documentation and/ portals in required time frames.
- Research and advise testing requirements on all products within given product categories.
- Liaise with external testing labs with regards to testing as required, to ensure products comply with current legislation.
- Submit products for testing and ensure testing is maintained with 2-year time frame. Liaise with Far East agents and factories on given product areas.
- Create instruction manuals as required for products, ensuring any legal requirements are included.
- Check and sign of artwork in relation to product claims and legal requirements. Work alongside Technical Manager.
- Ensure factory details are known and logged for all products produced.
- Liaise with the Buying Teams and QA Director to ensure factories are audited.
- Support Customer services in relation to complaints and investigations in an efficient manner as received.
To apply you must have: -
- A good level of product knowledge especially within Housewares product areas such as Crockery, Cutlery, knives, cookware, bakeware, kitchen textiles, Kitchen accessories & BBQS
- Computer literate with keyboard skills.
- Have knowledge of using word, InDesign, paint or illustrator in order to produce product Instruction Manuals.
- Adaptable, flexible, energetic and enthusiastic with an open-minded approach.
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent.
- Willingness to work together in a team and help others.
- Positive and pro-active attitude to changing demands and priorities as required.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to set own priorities.
The company offer: -
- 23 days holiday
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Free parking
- Staff discount on products
- Career progression
- Monday to Thursday 9-5 and Friday 8-4
- Please note: This is an office-based role, but all health & safety provisions have been put in place. You may be able to work from home once you have had full training.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.