Hellaby (Home of KP Nuts)
Maintenance Engineer required to work as part of a friendly, welcoming and supportive team at our KP Nut factory near Rotherham.
The Role Summary:
We are seeking a professional and astute Multi-skilled Engineer to join our dynamic team based in Hellaby. In this role you will provide full technical engineering support to the Production function under the leadership of the Area Engineering Manager, working as part of the wider production team. The role will operate on a 24/7 shift pattern, so flexibility of working hours is required.
The Role Responsibilities:
Assume responsibility for the mechanical and electrical integrity of equipment by carrying out the following:
- Effective planned maintenance inspections, reviewing frequencies, parts used, mean time between failure rates etc
- Recommend improvements to maintenance schedules; carry out safety checks on equipment in line with legislation and best practice
- Overhaul and repair of plant; continually monitor plant conditions and report defects
- Complete stores requisitions for parts and contract services
- Deliver a consistent and improving plant reliability through the effective management and monitoring of downtime, PPM conformance, engineering planning, use of JDE PM and elements of the engineering budget
- Follow IWS tool and perform in depth analysis for breakdowns and process failures
- Follow IWS principles for PPMs (Planned progressive maintenance)
- Report and present all performance matters routinely, including trends and breakdown/fault data
- Help generate and maintain compliance to SOPs/ Risk Assessments. Carry out work in a standardised way
- Report plant performance using appropriate company systems and ensure action on/communication of non-conformance issues
- Ensure operational key information is effectively communicated to colleagues and other shift teams; complete any relevant documentation on time and in full
- Support site services as required
The multi-award-winning culture at KP Snacks is friendly, welcoming and supportive. We encourage everyone to be the best they can be, working together to achieve great results.
- Competitive basic salary
- Life assurance
- Lots more great, flexible benefits
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Formal engineering qualification to at least City & Guilds level, NVQ level 3 or equivalent in a mechanical and/or electrical discipline with corresponding practical experience
- Fault-finding, troubleshooting, diagnostics
- Ability to train effectively
- Knowledge of COSHH
- IWS / Continuous improvement experience
- Lean tools/techniques
- PLC automation skills
- Training experience
- Act as the team champions of good engineering standards
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of personal responsibility/ownership
- Flexibility around working hours
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to deliver a” right first time” service
- Developing Self and Others - actively up-skill themselves and others through training, coaching and assessment
- Ability to work effectively within a factory environment and perform under pressure
Please apply by using the 'Apply' button.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.