An amazing opportunity for an established Assistant Buyer to join a rapidly growing Household products manufacturer based in Manchester.
You will be assisting the Senior Buyer in sourcing new products to ensure the range is competitive in the market based on brief to fit into either price points, trends or existing programmes. A fantastic opportunity for you to demonstrate your industry experience to source suppliers which can fit within existing distribution channels.
If you have previous FMCG experience and handled multiple projects this is the perfect role to think outside the box to develop and identify potential new markets alongside Household, Pet, Car care, Gardening and the other many categories that are produced.
- Develop new and improve existing items for the Group.
- Develop & build customer own label brands.
- Develop new categories for customer base through buying and sourcing.
- Strengthen supply chain based on relationships, networks, price, availability and longevity.
- Working & reporting to the Senior Buyer to ensure optimum availability of stock.
- Develop, design and position products for identified channels.
- Handle key channel accounts for OEM projects.
- Liaise between purchasing, production and marketing.
- Brief artwork department with product design and usps.
- Need to conduct market research to provide brief for the text on the products.
- Procure technical support data for new products for quality assurance and health and safety.
- Oversee purchase invoices for components
- Liaising with internal and external sales personnel to provide detailed stock availability information.
- Willing to travel worldwide for visiting Trade Fairs and visiting factories to ensure compliance.
- To follow the buying process as per 151’s QMS.
- Creating, raising and sending purchase orders to vendors using MRP system.
- Confirming with vendors receipt of purchase orders.
- Progressing outstanding purchase orders with vendors to ensure stock availability at all times and then updating arrival dates
- Maintenance of orders and data according to the buying systems set up in Navision.
- Knowledge of Navision
- Some experience of buying in the Air Care & FMCG area will be preferable.
- Understanding & experience with Far East & Indian manufacturers
- Experience of MS Office to an intermediary level
- Commercial awareness, negotiation of high-level contracts & creativity
- An understanding of import/export processes and lead times
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the business
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Hands on approach
If you enjoy working in a busy fast paced environment where no two days are the same this is the ideal role for you to be a part of a Market leader.
Please make an application!
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.