Interim Category Manager | Logistics/Fleet | 6 Month Contract
Your new role
I am currently recruiting on an exclusive basis an exciting interim opportunity for a Category Manager within the Logistics / Fleet Category. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing strategic sourcing and contract administration strategies that ensure the benefits derived from third party relationships are maximized. In addition, this position will be responsible for third-party relationship management, as well as providing direct or matrix supervision, leadership to procurement team members supporting category management or sourcing activity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership in execution of sourcing events
- Leads cross-functional, cross-business teams in achieving sourcing objectives.
- Ensures the strategic sourcing of goods and services are aligned to achieve the objectives
- Leads supplier discussions related to negotiations or issues pertaining to the contract terms.
- Develops quarterly reports that highlight trends for commodities and services
- Develops standards for providing Market Intelligence (MI)
- Keep stakeholders informed of significant changes in market conditions
- Works with Business Unit Stakeholders during Capex and Opex planning
- Build comprehensive category strategies utilising market intelligence
- Drive value through demand management utilising spend analytics.
- Manage the supplier base, develop new suppliers and improve and strengthen current relationships.
- Design strategies that support stakeholder requirements.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in Category Management or Strategic Sourcing
- Strong knowledge of the Category area of Logistics/Fleet
- Supervisory experience in a matrix environment
- High level of business and financial acumen
- Complex problem solving skills, can think outside the box.
- Possesses a "sense of urgency" in approaching tasks
- Ability to influence stakeholders without authority.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Supplier management experience.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in ERP and Procurement systems is desirable.
What you'll get in return
£400-£500 per day
6 Month Contract - extension possible
Company equipment/on boarding
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.