You will assist the the merchandiser to deliver key merchandising KPI’s covering Planning, Trading & strategic analysis for a specific product area.
Assistant Retail Merchandiser Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Assist the Merchandiser in the preparation & analysis of weekly trading performance, comparing sales performance v plan and last year to assist in identifying risks & opps for the Business.
• Provide information & data to support the Merchandiser and the Product teams in building a balanced & successful range.
• To assist the Merchandiser in creating a range plan to maximise sales potential.
• Run sales reports to track & aid analysis of seasonal and everyday activity.
• Evaluate the competition on a regular basis to assess risks & opportunities.
• Working with Demand forecasting team to ensure change of forecast information is given in a timely manner and accurate ensuring sufficient stocks available to deliver sales plan.
• Attend availability meeting & weekly DF meeting to highlight issues that represent a risk to stock availability.
• Manage data accuracy within the system
• Support best and efficient practice within the wider Merchandising team.
• Ensure effective communication at all levels, encourage open communication within the team & build & develop effective cross functional relationships with: - Commercial Teams, Supply team , Product team & Demand Forecasting.
• Producing daily weekly and monthly sale performance and forecasting reports to highlight risks & opportunities to both internal and external customers
• Providing analysis that aids ranging decisions to ensure the optimum range is offered for the customer at all times and across all formats
• Working with Demand Planning team to ensure future forecasts and trading activity captured. Assist merchandiser in building optimum seasonal plans at sku level and ensuring CDP achieved.
Assistant Retail Merchandiser Requirements:
• Computer literate with strong numerate and commercial interpretative skills. Minimum standard of intermediate Microsoft excel.
• Proven 1+ yrs in Merchandising or Analytical role.
• Can demonstrate the ability to multi-task, prioritise, shift gears comfortably & adapt.
• Good communication skills.
• Commercial awareness and focus.
About Hallmark Cards Plc:
Here at Hallmark, we play a unique role in understanding and expressing friendship, family and love. For over 100 years we’ve been creating greeting products that help connect people. We are proud to be a family-owned business and we are committed to the highest standards of ethical and environmental performance.
Based at our Dawson Lane site in Bradford, close to key motorway links you’ll be able to take advantage of:
• Competitive salary
• 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Pension benefit
• Flexible working opportunities
• Free onsite parking
• A variety of other cultural and lifestyle benefits, aimed at promoting a positive work/life balance
Location: Bradford (BD4) (Currently Remote)
Contract Type: 12 Month Contract
You may have experience of the following: Assistant Retail Merchandiser, Assistant Merchandiser, Retail Merchandiser, Merchandiser, Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Retail Merchandising, Merchandising Manager, Analysis, Forecasting, Ecommerce, Trade, Retail, etc.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.