With over 40 years of success, Centriforce Products develops and produces recycled plastics for the UK and international markets. Our plastics are transformed into a wide range of innovative products, from cable covers used by utility companies to nesting boxes for owls.
We’re currently looking for a Buyer to join our busy Supply Chain Team in Liverpool on a full-time basis.
- Competitive salary
- Generous company pension scheme
- 25 days’ holiday and bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Good transport links
- Learning and development opportunities
- Join a business that invests in their people
If you’re an organised purchasing professional with experience of tender processes and bid management, this is a great opportunity to join a well-established business with significant plans for growth.
With decades of success, we provide the ideal environment in which to realise your professional ambitions. As one of the UK’s first pioneers of plastic recycling and reprocessing, we embrace innovation and have a strong standing in our industry.
Fostering a friendly and inclusive environment, we value our staff, offer excellent development prospects and will support you to achieve your career aspirations, whether that’s in your department or another area of the business.
As a Buyer, you will support our purchasing and procurement activities, ensuring that goods and services are cost-effective and of the required quality standards.
Your duties will include:
- Planning the purchase of goods and raw materials in line with our supply chain requirements
- Sourcing, qualifying and managing relationships with suppliers
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers
- Monitoring spend versus budgets
- Analysing market and pricing trends
To join us as a Buyer, you will need:
- Previous purchasing experience preferably within a manufacturing environment, including tender processes and bid management
- Data analysis skills
- The ability to prioritise and handle multiple assignments at any given time
- Excellent IT skills, particularly MS Excel
- Strong communication, interpersonal & negotiation skills
- To be highly motivated and organised
Experience in the plastics industry would be beneficial, as would a CIPS qualification.
Other organisations may call this role Purchasing Executive, Purchasing Co-ordinator, Procurement Executive, Procurement Co-ordinator, Purchasing and Procurement Officer, or Purchasing and Procurement Co-ordinator.
Webrecruit and Centriforce Products are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Buyer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.