Assistant Buyer (6 month fixed term contract)
Salary £26,694 - £29,183
About the Role
Here at Babcock International Group in Rosyth, we are currently looking for an Assistant Buyer to join us on a 6 Month maternity cover contract. We aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our Engineering, Specialised Manufacturing, Gas Handling Systems and Naval Marine business streams.
In this role you will support the procurement team in the day to day procurement of equipment, materials and services to time, cost and quality, whilst working with and implementing existing Group and Site Contracts, and ensuring integrity of the ERP System (IFS).
Key duties include:
- Support business through operational/transactional activities for the procurement of services, equipment, materials & Sub Contracts and managing the procurement workbench in line with Project and customer required by dates.
- Research, evaluate and select suppliers based on price, quality, service, support, availability, reliability, production, distribution capabilities, supplier's reputation and history.
- To work as a member of the Supply Chain Procurement team in accordance with relevant corporate procedures and all regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Support the Buyers and Senior Buyers and assist in the transactional activities associated with the Procurement function
- Identify and deliver cost savings achieved through negotiation and supplier contracts where appropriate
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance following contract placement to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for any changes.
What do I need to do the role?
- Experience in a similar procurement support role with duties to include processing purchase orders, RFQs, ERP system management & drafting basic contract agreements
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Microsoft Office skills, to include Excel
- CIPS qualification or working towards - desirable, not essential
What else do I need to know?
You should hold or have the ability to obtain the relevant security clearances
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.