My client is looking for a talented Category Manager, in the Corporate Services and ICT spend for the organisation, implementing the procurement strategy and policy that enables the delivery of value for money.
My client is a leading social housing organisation that is focused to make a greater contribution to the sustainable regeneration of communities in the North West and are currently looking for a talented Category Manager ICT to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Procurement Support, develop and manage the procurement of Corporate Services and ICT systems and services in line with internal and external regulation to enable the delivery of value for money.
- Category Management Provide specialist knowledge of the Corporate Services & ICT category ensuring value for money is delivered through new and existing commercial and contractual arrangements resulting in reduced risk and improved overall business outcomes.
- Vendor Management Implement a vendor management process to ensure a strong working relationship is in place with key vendors to ensure the business-to-business relationship is robust and managed effectively.
- Negotiation Negotiate and lead discussions, in conjunction with others if appropriate, relating to Finance, Legal, Audit, Insurance, Recruitment business services, ICT Hardware and Software, procurement contracts, renewals and extensions.
- Advice Provide expertise and support to Corporate Services and ICT colleagues (and other colleagues as required) on all aspects of procurement including sourcing options, contract specifications, forms of contract, tender packaging, and pricing strategies.
- Spend Analysis Use data analysis techniques to provide monthly reports to the Head of Procurement on actual spend against contract, off contract spend, new suppliers, supplier issues and performance.
- Developing the Service Identify, build, and develop a network of external contacts to keep abreast of best practice and benchmarking to deliver efficiencies, improvements, and value for money.
- Experience of Corporate Services & ICT Category Management and market knowledge of Finance, Legal, Audit, Insurance, Recruitment, and ICT services.
- Experience in Vendor Management and Supply Chain Management.
- Experience of contractual terms and conditions relating to corporate services and hardware, software, SAAS, ESCROW and licence agreements relating to ICT.
- Experience of working proactively to develop procurement services and improve systems.
- Experience of delivering innovative solutions giving value for money.
- IT skills - Microsoft office up to intermediate level.
- Experience of leading on Corporate Services & ICT category management in a multi-site operation
- Experience of Public Contract Regulations, issuing of contract notices and contract award processes.
- Experienced in using e-tender systems, contracts registers and e-auctions.
- Able to work independently as well as a member of the procurement team and project teams
For the ideal candidate, my client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £40 k plus a competitive package
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.