My client is a leading main contractor with and after going through a strong period of growth in Procurement, they are looking for a talented Procurement Officer to join the team on a permanent basis.
My client is a leading main contractor with a UK footprint, and after coming off the back of a strong 2020, and a s the business continues to grow and develop, they are looking for an enthusiastic Procurement Officer to work within the Civil Engineering Procurement Team on a permanent basis.
- Undertake day to day procurement for sites.
- File emails, tender enquiries, quotations and comparisons within SharePoint
- Prepare and issue tender enquiries, as necessary progress the return of quotations
- Produce comparison sheets for material enquiries and subcontract tenders
- Liaise with Site personnel to fulfill their requirements.
- Obtain new company details, including financial and insurance documentation, complete internal forms and issue to the relevant department(s) for approvals
- Ensure data management systems are kept up to date.
- Maintain up-to-date central electronic filing records of all relevant documentation.
- Carry out any other duties as are necessary within the scope and purpose of the job as requested by the Line Manager.
- Offer support to other office-based staff when possible or required.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Provide input to Project debrief.
- Introduce improvements where appropriate to areas of responsibility.
- Periodically review projects with site team
- Experience of the Construction Industry
- Possess strong communication and organisational skills.
- Can work to strict deadlines, prioritising and planning workload.
- Have good attention to detail.
- Have a minimum of one year's experience in a similar role.
- Possess good IT skills with experience in using computerised accounting systems and a working knowledge of the Microsoft suite.
- Be a team player.
- Have or working towards CIPS qualifications
Construction related degree
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £40k plus a competitive package for the ideal candidate.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.