My client is a true market leader, with a UK wide footprint and are currently exp[eriencing a large period of growth and are looking for a talented procurement manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
The Procurement Manager will act as a key member of the Groups Procurement & Supply Chain team offering cross functional support for Material Sourcing and placing of Purchase Orders together with assisting the Procurement Director with day to day Supply Chain Management activities; ensuring that all activities are completed in line with existing Company guidelines and in a timely fashion to meet the needs of the business.
- Administer the Requisition to Purchase Order process as described below - ensuring that the companies procedures are adhered to at all times:
- Process requisitions in a timely manner and review supporting tender documentation (when required to do so).
- Issue enquiries to the market (when required to do so)
- Prepare detailed comparisons to support decision making
- Negotiate prices with suppliers to achieve best value
- Select suppliers based on their Supply Chain status, ability to meet the Projects needs and the Company's requirements.
- Evaluate value engineering opportunities in conjunction with the Project Team and help to co-ordinate changes in specification, development of working drawings and manufacturing schedules as required.
- Raise and issue robust Purchase Orders ensuring our teams are advised of any COSHH related matters and that our teams are made aware of any specific health and safety concerns.
- Uploading Purchase Orders to the Project folder in a timely manner
- Liaise with Senior Managers and Project teams through pre-contract, delivery and post-contract activities to ensure Procurement opportunities are maximised.
- Help to ensure that those involved in Procurement comply with the Groups purchasing agreements and maximise the use of Preferred Suppliers where appropriate.
- Promoting the group Preferred Supplier List so as to maximise our potential and create bundling opportunities.
- Ensure the Company's position is protected as far as legislative and common law allow; bringing any concerns to the attention of the Group Supply Chain Manager immediately.
- Deal with legitimate invoice queries expeditiously.
- Report monthly buying gains and losses to the business, project team and commercial team.
- Track Company owned equipment and maintain certification suitable to the equipment owned (i.e calibration certificates for Surveying equipment).
- Assist the Procurement Director in maintaining the assets register.
- Good knowledge of Procurement and the legal concept of offer and acceptance
- Experience of negotiating with suppliers and sub-contractors; including terms & conditions
- Commercial Awareness and an understanding of the battle of the form's
- Understanding of the 4 Key Principles of Procurement as below:
- 5 Rights of Procurement
- Like for like bids/submissions
- Risk Management
- Maximised Opportunity
- Ability to:
- prioritise workload and work to deadlines
- work on own initiative and to timescales
- provide good quality output in a fast-moving and fluid environment
- Initiative required to facilitate successful delivery in moving markets and sectors
- Good communication skills
- Diplomatic, assertive, influencing, personable, tenacious & organise
- Computer literate (i.e use of excel, word, power-point, etc) and other web-based systems
- Good understanding of Company operating systems
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £40k plus competitive package for the ideal candidate
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.