I'm working with a fantastic business based in Birmingham going through an exponential growth phase. They are looking for a Product Manager to join the Purchasing team and help drive their buying processes and category management. This is a permanent role paying up to £35,000 per annum with flexible home/office working available.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Owning and driving the product database from start to finish. Identifying the successful lines to gain maximum opportunity while managing failing lines out of the business
Working with the supply chain and the product team, enriching all product data to facilitate product search and selection to ultimately support on site customer conversion (titles, descriptions, specifications, key features, images, PDFs, manuals, videos, cross sales, categorisation, alternatives)
Managing product pricing, margins and ROI to drive increased revenues and profitability. Helping to achieve Brand growth and P/L targets including Marketing and promotional activity with subsisted product or support
Reviewing website category structure, categorisation, searchability and category ordering to improve the Customer journey and increase conversion rates
With the Product Team, creating content for high volume landing pages and categories to increase conversion and decrease bounce rates [do we want them to create the content?
Improve and create high value content and buying guides to assist with customer knowledge and website interaction with the ultimate goal of monetising these interactions
Manage and improve the new product adding process from selecting new Brands, ranges & products to collating data and merchandising of the new products up to successful launch and successful sell through
Dealing with key internal and external stakeholders including Ecommerce and Marketplaces departments, Suppliers and Sales reps
Knowledge and Experience
- 2+ years' experience in Product/Category Management and Online Merchandising skills
- Focus on achieving growth and increased profitability through the ethos of driving continuous improvement and cost maximisation across all areas of responsibility
- Preparing regular reports for management
- Knowledge and experience of business process and working with other functions (Ecommerce, Marketplaces, Procurement, Operations etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of Ecommerce, Marketplaces and Digital marketing would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel which include key functions such as Vlookups, Pivot tables, etc and working with large datasets would be advantageous
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.