About The Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an EU Allocation Analyst to join our European Buying & Merchandising team based at our European Support Functions Office in Erdington, Birmingham.
This is an entry level role for someone looking to take their first step towards a career in Buying & Merchandising. You will gain great experience in how a busy international retail business operates.
Key responsibilities include:
- The role will expose you to how a buying and merchandising team runs day to da
- Opportunity to attend weekly, monthly and seasonal performance and strategy meetings
- Responsibility for liaising with suppliers to understand availability of stock and raising repeat orders in AS400
- Raising all repeat orders with suppliers accurately and in timely manner
- Full understanding of order systems and fully conversant with status of repeat orders on a weekly basis, highlighting any issues
- Ensure all orders are through the system and approved in a timely manner
- Ensure all orders are confirmed within 5 day rule.
- Working closely with vendors ensuring clear communication
- Communicate clearly and accurately with vendors regarding any order amendments
- Build strong relationships with vendors
- Weekly and daily review of available reports to ensure overdue deliveries are identified and systems accurately updated
- Process allocations of stock through detailed analysis of stock and sales for new and repeat styles
- Ensures best and worst sellers are reviewed
- Weekly review of DC stock levels at dept, class and line level to determine best course of action
- Meet with AM / Merchandising on regular basis to maximise efficiencies
- Produce accurate weekly reports to the team and or company within a timely manner.
- Core product knowledge
- Produce ad hoc reports as required accurately and timely often focusing on store, grade and or country level information
- Attend weekly departmental meetings
- Manage the end of life of lines
- All general ad hoc admin for the Merch dept ensuring all housekeeping up to date
- Produce historical analysis as required to help drive out departmental strategy
- Prepare sales and stock information for range reviews
You'll be highly numerate and analytical with a keen eye for detail anticipating the needs of our stores in order to maximise sales. Have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the business. A team player you will look to provide support and assistance to your fellow team members as needed. You will establish strong working relationships with our product teams, field teams & European distribution centre becoming an expert in your designated department. You will be confident with Excel, in particular formulas i.e. v-lookup's
For someone who wants a future career in merchandising this role is a great stepping stone to Associate/Assistant Merchandising roles.
In addition to a great place to work below are just some of the excellent benefits we offer:
- 50% discount off Claire's products
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Long Service Awards
- Retail & Lifestyle discounts
Claire's is a leading fashion retailer specialising in accessories, jewellery and cosmetics for a target market of young girls and women. In terms of growth there's no stopping us as we continue to extend our presence across Europe and branch out into new territories. Currently we total over 3,000 stores worldwide, of which over 1,100 can be found in Europe.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.