Our client, a leading international manufacturer, are looking to recruit an organised, professional and ambitious Category Manager to join their established Senior Management Team.
Working alongside the Directors, responsibilities will include:
- To create, lead and embed the company’s vison and plans, working in partnership with our customers.
- Devise long-term development strategies for product categories
- Act as an objective and independent category advisor, developing and delivering annual category strategy and plans to deliver significant category growth opportunities for the company and the customers
- Build trust relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of services
- To increase sales and profitability of business driving sustainable growth.
- Build compelling category selling stories to shape retailers’ thinking
- Lead and facilitate cross functional category projects (internally and externally) managing multiple stakeholders.
- Analyse data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends
- Develop exit strategies for unsuccessful products
- Determine the positioning of a product category to maximize visibility
- Liaise with marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category
- Collaborate with buyers and merchandisers to expand product categories
- Strong analytical and proficient in the use of external market data tools with the ability to turn data into insight
- Experience of continuous and ad hoc shopper and consumer market data/ research. Knowledge and experience of using IRI/ Nielsen EPOS data and Kantar/ Scantrack consumer panel data is essential and Dunnhumby is preferred.
- Good communication, relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong leadership skills, a strategic thinker, and a real team player.
- Educated to degree level, ideally in marketing or business-related degree.
- 3 Years + category management/ commercial experience
- Good understanding of Category management principles - understands the 8-step process and the triple win approach, demonstrates it in day-to-day activities.
- Evidence of developing and executing category strategies, tactics and plans in partnership with retailers (range, promotion, merchandising, price).
- A thorough understanding of retail, sales and how organisations work (including ranging and space planning).
- Advanced Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint skills.
In return the company offers an excellent salary and benefits package, flexable working from home/office, an innovative and dynamic work environment. In addition, the role also offers genuine scope for fantastic career progression.
£45,000 - £55,000 plus bonus
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.