Through our unique offering, providing services from feasibility and design, to construction and handover, our Water business provides 'Full Asset Lifecycle Thinking' across our projects, in both the clean and wastewater environments. Always ensuring we are supporting our customers with innovative outcome-based solutions and an exceptional experience. We currently deliver infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for 10 of the largest national water sector companies.
A vacancy has arisen for a Commercial Assistant reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will support the regional office by providing assistance to the Quantity Surveyors in processing and distributing financial and commercial information. The Commercial Assistant role offers long term stability and varied project opportunities across our SWW Frameworks (Major Capital, MEICA Capital & Minor Works) and other external clients, predominantly in the water industry.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with regional office staff and labour.
- Processing weekly timesheets onto internal systems.
- Assist with collating client cost audit information
- Placing orders for operational staff
- Clearing GRN's from internal systems.
- Issuing of applications and invoices as directed by the Quantity Surveyors and expediting outstanding cash
- Collation and distribution of monthly cost information
- Loading job costs onto database "cost to completes."
- Subcontract procurement management including processing of subcontract payments through to Final Account.
- Assistance in managing the list of approved suppliers and subcontractors
- Provide commercial & financial support and undertake cost analysis
- Reviewing current procedures and working with the commercial and operational teams to strive for continuous improvement
- Handling administrative and commercial data requests and queries from Senior Managers
- Liaise with the commercial and operation teams to collate and issue reports to our Clients and Directors
- Organising and maintaining the commercial filing system
- Inputting commercial and administrative data onto company systems
- General office duties such as reception, organising meetings, taking minutes etc
- Providing support in the management of stationery and PPE levels
- Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to
The role has potential for future development within a range of areas including quantity surveying and accountancy.
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
- Ability to anticipate problems and ensure early intervention
- Analytical and logical approach to problem solving
- A good level of competency of Microsoft/Google packages
- Ability to work with ordering and costing systems
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self-motivated who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.