Our client are one of the UK's leading independent timber and building supplies merchants with branches located across the South East. Due to an internal promotion, they are looking to recruit an Assistant Manager to assist the current Branch Manager in the daily running for one of their top performing branches.
This role will involve the running of the branch in the branch managers absence and managing staff and operations for the branch. You would also be accountable for daily administrative tasks as well as dealing with new and existing trade and retail customers and converting their enquiries into sales.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and motivate internal staff members
- Manage the branch and deputise for the existing Branch Manager whenever he is away from the branch or on holiday.
- Answering incoming phone calls and dealing with customers face to face over the trade counter
- Converting initial contacts to sales
- Producing quotes and sending them out
- Managing CRM, chasing warm leads, and following up on opportunities
- Providing technical advice, support and aftersales
- Identifying existing customers where there is an opportunity to increase annual spend and developing a trade relationship
- Deal with daily administrative tasks including staff rotas
As with all growing businesses the culture is entrepreneurial and fast paced. We are looking for an individual who has the appropriate skills and experience to do the job twinned with the desire and capability to grow along with the business which may include growing their own team and driving change.
Our ideal candidate will have experience working in a builders merchants environment and will understand the requirements of both trade and domestic / retail customers.
Our candidate will be strong in operations, hungry for sales, determined to succeed, be self-managed and self-motivated. They will have a warm management style, great product knowledge and have the ability to build relationships with their customers.
A successful candidate will be IT literate and able to pick up the systems quickly and enter data accurately.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply now for an immediate interview.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.