Trade Counter Sales Assistant
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,000.00 /year
Expected start date: Immediate
This is NOT a job for a warehouse person. Our ideal applicant will have had previous trade counter experience, with knowledge of power tools, engineering or construction a distinct advantage.
A long-established family run business is looking to recruit a full time Trade Counter Sales Assistant.
The company has built its reputation on the principle of selling quality hand and power tools, PPE and fixings and providing a reliable service to its customers.
Trade Counter Sales Assistant Duties will include:
- Assisting customers on a busy trade counter
- Providing excellent customer service both face to face and on the telephone
- Using the computer system to check stock availability and then locating in the warehouse
- Processing sales invoices and payments
Trade Counter Sales Assistant Skills you will need:
- A quick learner who is keen to develop their knowledge and skill set
- Knowledge of power and hand tools and hardware is essential
- Enjoy hands on work and have strong communication skills
- Understand both standard and metric sizes
- Computer literate
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
Qualities you will have:
- You must be hard working
- Able to use your own initiative
- Positive, approachable personality
There will be some manual handling duties and climbing of mobile steps related to the role.
- Days: Monday - Friday 08:00 - 17:30 Alternate Saturdays 8:30 - 13:00
Qualifications and Skills
- Math’s and English GCSE Grade C or above or Functional skills qualification
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.