Category Lead - Engineering
Location: Flexible UK-wide
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 + additional benefits
About the role
Here at Babcock International Group, we are looking for a Category Lead to drive engineering category strategy development, and execution, across projects and business units within the Nuclear and Marine sectors.
In this role, you will have responsibility for c. £30m - £50m expenditure across your specific categories of spend, with the view to delivering tangible, bottom-line benefits to the business.
You will join a Group Procurement team, which is based across various key Babcock sites in the UK, and as such, we are flexible on your base location. There will be infrequent travel required for the role, with key operational sites based in Bristol, Plymouth, Warrington and Central Scotland
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage category strategies that maximise value for the business based on understanding of business needs and supply market potential
- Build deep knowledge of the supply market within the business
- Execution of the category strategy, including negotiating and contracting with suppliers, evaluating on-going contract and supplier performance and measuring contract compliance
- Captures specific business requirements and builds into ITT or RFx documents
- Execute pan BU & Sector sourcing activity using strategic sourcing methodologies in order to put fit-for-purpose supply contracts in place
- Accountable for the implementation of pan-divisional contracts so that they can be used in practice by the business units
- Where appropriate, support major bid activity where there is a significant category requirement
- Segmenting and appropriate management of suppliers within the category
- Executing the appropriate strategies to incentivise and engage suppliers and to measure and incentivise their performance
- Managing appropriate supplier governance, fed by relevant data and attended by empowered representatives of both organisations
What do I need to do the role?
- Experienced procurement practitioner with knowledge of current strategic procurement techniques
- Knowledge of relevant engineering categories
- Experience working in project environments at both bidding and delivery phases of lifecycle
- Proven track record of identifying and delivering procurement savings
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- MCIPS or equivalent professional qualifications
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
- Babcock offers a supportive environment including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, flexible working hours (only non-industrials), career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams. Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.