FTH Hire Group is one of the largest independent plant and tool hire companies in the South East of England. We currently have 6 depots (Farnborough. Guildford, Farnham, Reading, Basingstoke & Maidstone) As a result of our expansion plans, we are looking to take on additional high calibre team members.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Manager to work at our Farnborough depot, the main focus of the role is to answer incoming calls from customers to make sales including upsell and cross sell answer inquiries and questions, handle complaints and provide product information as required. Whilst managing the workshop & yard staff.
A background in construction or plant and tool knowledge would be very advantageous although not necessary as full training is provided.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- To provide excellent customer service both on phone and trade counter
- Manage customers on trade counter with Assistance
- Ensure that the depot is presentable, organized, and tidy
- Ensuring the Hire Equipment store is stocked and tidy
- Helping load and unload vehicles for both colleagues and customers
- Keeping the shop stocked and tidy and helping customers to their vehicles with machinery
- Assisting with monitoring stock levels – CORE 80
- Receiving and storing products from suppliers and dealing with the associated paperwork
- Placing orders and dealing with the relevant paperwork
- Assisting with the placement and zoning of stock
- Manage workshop and Yard staff
- To handle inbound customer calls
- To close sales whilst always looking to maximize the sale through upsell and cross sell
- Follow up any customer quotes
- Proactively engaged in Business Development
- Handle customer objections
- Provide customers with product and service information and advice.
- Manage and resolve customer complaints
- Manage & promote eBay Sales
- Health and Safety Walk Rounds and ensuring staff are wearing appropriate PPE for the task in hand and other H & S Duties as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Ability to close sales opportunities
- Proactive 'can do' attitude
- Call centre/customer service experience (preferrable)
- Ability to build strong rapport with customers
- Ability to capture key customer information to input quality order
- Loyalty and Sales bonus scheme
- 28 days holiday, inclusive Bank Holidays
- Perk Box & Birthday gift
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.