Do you want to work at one of the FTSE 250’s fastest growing companies? Are you excited about selling our products online to the biggest untapped market for Games Workshop? Can you deliver Games Workshops eCommerce strategy on time and on budget?
As eCommerce Manager for China, you will join a fast paced eCommerce team as it grows and takes on new opportunities. You will help develop and deliver our eCommerce strategy for the Chinese market, starting with marketplace partners. You will have excellent commercial judgement, and be able to work at pace and under pressure. You are expected to work with internal stakeholders within our UK HQ & China, as well as external agencies, vendors & partners. As well as having a comprehensive knowledge of Chinese eCommerce you will bring experience of having successfully established other brands for long term eCommerce success in the Chinese market.
You will work within the heart of the eCommerce team who are responsible for all online physical and digital sales channels. You will have to work collaboratively within the eCommerce team as well as pro-actively engaging with our Marketing, Trade, Retail, Licencing, Merchandising and Logistics departments. Your plans will always be aligned and deliver Games Workshops eCommerce goals on time and on budget. You will always know exactly what is going on and provide regular reporting on your progress.
This is a real opportunity to define, deliver and develop our eCommerce strategy in China. As our business grows, the right candidate will be able to grow and further develop this function.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver the Chinese eCommerce strategy on time and on budget.
- Manage P&L for Chinese eCommerce.
- Establish and maintain great working relationships with online marketplace partners.
- Work closely with the China Marketing Manager to make sure that the China eCommerce plan and marketing plan are aligned and work in tandem.
- Provide input to the China Marketing Manager about key beats in the China online sales calendar and promotional campaigns.
- Ensure alignment with Heads of Asian Retail and Trade Sales, working with them to ensure a consolidated plan that supports the wider business.
- Work with Logistics Managers to ensure all stock was delivered on time and deliver improvements to drive down shipping costs as % sales.
- Work with Merchandising Managers to ensure the correct range and stock levels.
- Facilitate the creation of all relevant assets & collateral (on & offline) to support the eCommerce plan.
- Report progress and deliver actionable insights for the Chinese online market.
- Support Group eCommerce Manager to ensure all strategic goals are met.
We know this will be a challenging and exciting role for the right individual. You will be stepping into and defining our approach to a space we have not fully engaged with. Your ability to influence and manage senior internal stakeholders within all areas of the business will be key. You will play a huge role in helping us reach an audience which is still relatively new to us. This is a fantastic opportunity in a fast growing, ambitious company with passionate people.
At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is just as important as your skills and experience.
The Warhammer World site is based just outside of Nottingham city centre and benefits from a nearby tram stop and free onsite car parking.
In return for your hard work, you will receive 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays), matching contributory pension scheme up to 7.5%, profit share bonus (subject to GW meeting profit targets) and option to join our Share Save scheme. Oh and let's not forget, a staff discount of between 25% and 50% on our products!
To be successful in this role you will be fluent in both Mandarin and English
Closing date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on the 21st February
To apply, please send us a letter or a video telling us why you want this job. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.
Please include an up-to-date CV to support your application. When you're ready, please click apply, below