Vacancy - Branch Assistant / Delivery driver
Location - Luton, Bedfordshire
Industry - Electrical Wholesale & Lighting
Salary - up to circa £23,000 + bonuses depending on experience
Our client is looking for a good all rounder with a couple of years electrical wholesale experience to join their team.
They are skilled at developing their people, so if you have a great attitude and want to learn, then this could be the job for you.
You will join a small team of staff and whilst you may not be the finished article, our client will help you to get there.
This role could be your opportunity to put yourself on the path to a management role in the future.
You will be responding to telephone enquiries, following up on sales, providing quotations, as well as occasional delivery driving where required.
The role may also include other duties in the branch including trade counter sales and warehouse work.
Ensuring that the needs of the customers are dealt with as well as adhering to company Health and Safety requirements
- Handling incoming phone calls and Trade Counter enquiries
- Processing orders and quotes using the company systems
- Sourcing products and placing the relevant orders
- Building, developing and managing relationships with customers
- Ensuring all records, systems and paperwork are kept up-to-date
- You will also help ensure that the stock and stores area are well organised
Skills & Experience needed?
- Some general electrical sales knowledge and experience - ideally at least 2 years recent experience
- Good attitude to customer service
- The ability to build relationships with a variety of customers
- Have worked on the trade counter or in telephone sales previously in an electrical wholesale environment
- Good telephone manner
- Enjoys sales and organising the warehouse
- Friendly, articulate, customer focused
- Experience within an electrical wholesaler is essential, recent experience is advantageous
- A full clean driving licence
This company is well established within the electrical wholesale industry and have an excellent reputation.
If you have some electrical wholesale experience and enjoy working with people, please forward your CV and you will be contacted shortly.
All applications are dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Rhodium Consulting Ltd is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in wholesalers, merchants and distributors within the building products sector. We strive to be the industry leader in delivering the highest calibre of candidates to our client companies, whilst enhancing the careers of our candidates. For further information and contact details, please visit our website.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.