A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Purchasing and Inventory Manager to join a global business in South Sheffield.
Our client, based in South Sheffield, are a global leader in their field. Following a global restructure they now look to recruit a competent Purchasing and Inventory Manager to manage a team across two locations.
Progression is on offer for the successful individual at national and international levels.
The responsibilities of this position of Purchasing and Inventory Manager will be to:
- Lead, mentor and develop a team across two locations.
- Optimise the cost of material supply whilst establishing the most robust supply chain for line level SKU purchase
- Work to improve communication of demand forecasts and customer requirements towards supply.
- Assess efficiency's within supplier rationalisation, P.O. consolidation and cost reductions
- Proactively assessing the demand and supply plan which may result in overstocks/stock outs and suggest suitable alternatives.
- Manage daily and weekly supply and availability processes
- Interface with Purchasing and Procurement across other areas of the business.
Ideally the successful candidate for this position of Purchasing and Inventory Manager will have:
- A background in Purchasing and Procurement
- Strong inventory management experience
- Demonstrable experience of managing a team
- Worked in a high volume, complex environment
- The ability to travel.
£45,000 - £50,000
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.