My FMCG Manufacturing client based nr Hucknall, Nottinghamshire are looking for a Materials Procurement Controller to support them with optimising efficiency, developing a supply base and cost control.
My My FMCG Manufacturing client based nr Hucknall, Nottinghamshire are looking for a Materials Procurement Controller to lead their Purchasing and Supply strategy. My client are an established family-run SME who have experienced exceptionally strong growth in recent years, specifically 2020!
As Materials Procurement Controller, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Place orders for all direct production materials in line with the weekly forecasts and ensure all materials arrive into the business on a timely basis
- Produce daily production build schedules based on forecast despatch numbers
- Calculate volumes for and raise orders of raw materials to meet production build requirements
- Manage daily levels of stock to ensure product lines do not sell over and waste is minimised
- Stock Management including taking a team role in weekly and monthly stock takes, ensuring full stock accuracy
- Maintain high standards and regular communication with external suppliers
- Liaise daily and maintain strong relationships with Production Team, Customer Support Team and Commercial Team
- Managing, troubleshooting and continuous improvement of supply chain operations, including the introduction of cost savings and efficiency improvement initiatives
- Spend c. £8mil
The successful candidate will have a strong track record within FMCG procurement and stock management. Experience of managing both UK and European suppliers would be highly advantageous, alongside strong internal stakeholder management skills.
You will be a brilliant communicator with outstanding interpersonal skills, an excellent grasp of all Microsoft Office products and strong commercial acumen/business understanding.
CIPS qualification is highly desirable!
The successful candidate will be offered c. £35,000 (room for flex based on experience and profile) and the opportunity to work for a dynamic, successful and inclusive organisation!
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.