We have an exciting opportunity for a SPAR Store Manager who is motivated, friendly, hands-on and passionate about their store offering excellent service and standards to our customers. Reporting directly to the Area Manager, you will deliver maximum sales and profit through the continuous improvement of the store and staff, whilst delivering great Key Performance Indicator (KPI) results.
- Deliver customer service in line with SPARkling Service standards
- Generate ideas for driving the business and its team forward
- Monitor competitor activity and propose appropriate responses
- Develop a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style
- Staff recruitment, planning and training
- Use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash
- Ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training
- The control of costs in accordance with agreed budgets
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies, ensuring and assisting others to do the same
- Previous experience at a supervisory or managerial level in a food retail environment (or similar) - essential
- An understanding of budgets & targets and the ability to work to deliver and improve them - essential
- APLH (Award for Personal License Holder) - must have or be prepared to undertake this qualification
- An understanding of budgets and targets and the ability to work to deliver and improve them - essential
- Basic knowledge of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment and the skill to manage those responsibilities – essential
- Experience of managing a Challenge 25 policy - desirable
About A F Blakemore & Son:
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 60th largest privately owned company in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now owns 280 SPAR Convenience Stores and employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion. As one of the largest convenience retailers in the UK, we are always looking for innovative ways to create a point of difference. Our stores offer a wide range of food-to-go options, including; Food To Go and Daily Deli as well as a number of franchise partners to increase the choice available to customers such as Subway & Greggs.
Location: Bishops Castle, Shropshire
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 per week (various shifts)
Salary: £25kp/a (plus opportunity to earn £10,400 Bonus)
Benefits: Bonus Scheme potential of up to £10,400 pa, Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities, Health Cash Plan
Closing date: 2nd March 2021
You may have experience of the following: Retail Manager, Retail, Convenience, FMCG, Grocery Manager, Supermarket, Food, Retail Management, Business Development, Food Service, Convenience Store, Store Manager, Retail Manager, Branch Manager, etc.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.