Working as part of the Procurement & Supply Chain Team you will provide professional and effective procurement and commercial lifecycle support to the business, influencing business and senior stakeholders shaping business requirements and market capabilities to ensure best outcomes. You will therefore have experience of managing change and creating innovative solutions.
The procurement activity will range from the sourcing of alliance partners for large complex projects through to smaller scale supporting requirements across a variety of contracting models and arrangements.
There will be a particular focus on projects and activities where significant cross functional working is required to exploit all opportunities so good stakeholder and relationship management skills are required. Focus will be on new routes to market, reducing cost, improving quality and maximising value for money through best practice strategic sourcing, category management, contract management & outsourcing.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Lead / participate in contractual negotiations and supplier management / development activities including incentivisation and managing demand vs. availability, contractual and cost performance.
Work with knowledge holders across the supply chain including customers / suppliers to determine performance and cost improvement opportunities and long term partnering solutions.
- Continuously developing sourcing strategy including delivery of the plan to enhance performance.
- Combines a thorough understanding of supplier performance KPIs and of current issues and drives improvement actions required.
- Is a key influencer of supplier relationship management approach and content, sets direction for development of new policies and procedures
Skills and Experience
- Detailed understanding of Lifecycle Management and Business Management Systems
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing & supplier management processes and principles of Supply Chain
- You must have demonstrable capability as an influencer within procurement environments, coupled with the flair to leverage commercial opportunities and build lasting relationships.
- Be the technical bridge between Supply Chain, Engineering and Operations
- Utilising lean and six sigma techniques to improve supplier performance
- Awareness of the aspects of the Law that affect the activities of the business
- Familiar with typical internal governance requirements
- Understand a variety of contract/agreement types such as Fixed, IDC, TCIF, Bilateral, capability and output based.
- Good understanding of demand and capability planning
- CIPS / IACCM qualification
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.