Brewster Partners are delighted to be working with a growing construction business in Sheffield for a Stock Controller. The primary aim of this role is to provide stock management / control and support to the branch operations team. This will include but not be limited to placing orders, expediting suppliers, and maintaining stock levels in a price competitive way.
- Assist with the Company's inventory via the ERP system to ensure that stock levels are optimised and to maximum OTIF supply.
- Support Management on required inventory levels to support sales and profit ambitions.
- Advise on the optimum stock level per line and maintain stock levels within parameters agreed with management from time to time.
- Appropriately 'flex' company stock to support cashflow requirements as required.
- Refine the use of the recommended stock order system in the Company's software system ensuring an appropriate 'multiplier' or other mechanism is deployed to contend with market seasonality.
- Assist with management of the Company's stock, by, for example, categorising individual SKU's by importance to the business and writing down and managing out redundant / slow moving stock.
- Assist with the development of the use of the stock management suite within the Company's software.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of supply status and market trends. Identify and react to supply issues in the market ensuring that any effect on the business is minimised.
- Work in close cooperation with the selected suppliers to develop a mutual trust and enhance the companies status as a preferred customer.
- Place timely orders on suppliers to ensure continued availability of all items.
- Expedite orders as required.
- Maintain a dossier of supplier performances. Liaise with the category team / buying group to improve problem supplier performances or to replace.
- Perform regular routine perpetual inventory counts to prevent stock leakage / shrinkage and to ensure actual stock levels are accurately depicted in the Company's software package.
- Report monthly on stock levels, movements, losses, and redundancies.
- Provide appropriate stock management guidance and training to members of the operational staff.
- Negotiate prices, terms and conditions with non-buying group suppliers developing back-to-back contractual coverage where appropriate.
- Assist with the management of supplier relations ensuring that delivery, quality, and cost targets are met.
- Assist in keeping cost and supplier information up to date.
- Formal purchasing qualification or minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role.
- Experience of B2B trade focused multi-store branch network environment.
- Knowledge of building materials would be beneficial.
- Excellent Microsoft software skills, especially Word, Exchange, PowerPoint, and Explorer.
- Good analytical ability and practical, hands on disposition.
- Full, clean driving license.
- Experience of supervising the work of others.
- Must be able to gain credibility amongst a wide range of external and internal customers.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated, have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to solve problems at source.
- Excellent organisation skills and good time management.
- Self-driven, genuine with a positive attitude and clear focus.
- Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 5.00pm.
- Free parking
Brewster Partners Office Support & Technical Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of office support and technical recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at Brewster Partners for more information.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.