As a Branch Driver, you will have complete responsibility for the delivery of all products of the business supplied from our Trade Counter. You will deliver the products in a timely and professional manner as required by the company and the customer. You are responsible for company procedures in, cash handling, stock control and maintenance, Health & Safety with the branch vehicle checks and safe loading.
- Responsibility for the safe delivery of products in a timely manner
- Assist in the Warehouse when required
- Checking of all cash on delivery payments and safe storage of monies within the vehicle
- Completion of ALL vehicle checks as and when required by company procedures
- Provide timely feedback to the Manager regarding performance including KPIs
- Maintains accurate records of all deliveries, van stock and activity reports
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are implemented
- Other duties as assigned
Key Experiences and Skills Required:
- Ensure that all trade counter deliveries are met within the time schedule and that all activity is to the required standards
- Checking of customer orders prior to delivery and gaining customer signatures
- Attend regular coaching and counselling with management to build motivation and develop a team approach
- Maintains contact with all customers in the market area to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- To interact and co-operate with customers and company employees professionally & with courtesy.
Desirables Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A clean driver’s licence
- Experience within a similar role and using a similar vehicle
- Knowledge of Health & Safety policy and procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated, driven and enthusiastic.
- Knowledge of the building trade and products is desirable but not essential
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.