*** The health and wellbeing of our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us. If you are invited to attend an interview, you will be asked to complete a screening questionnaire, and we would ask that you do not attend any interviews or assessments on site if you are self-isolating or if anyone in your household, including yourself, are displaying any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus.
We will be making the necessary adjustments to our recruitment processes to ensure we follow Government guidance which could result in recruitment taking longer than we would like. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we adapt our ways of working during this time. ***
Shift Pattern: Wednesday to Saturday, 06:30 - 18:30
(A degree of flexibility is required in order to meet the demands of the business)
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As a Retail Operator on our Traffic team, you will be planning both Fowler Welch and third party resources on a daily basis whilst meeting our customers’ expectations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with Retail Department teams to identify and resolve any problems that may affect our customers’ expected delivery times
- Planning and effectively utilising drivers, vehicles, sub-contractors and agencies in the most cost-effective and customer-pleasing manner
- Ensuring that all drivers are working within a safe environment and follow driver hours regulations
- Working with Compliance to ensure our vehicles are legal and information is downloaded in a timely manner
- Scheduling collections with our suppliers and updating them on any delays
- Designing drivers' collection routes in the most cost-effective way and reacting quickly if these need to be amended
- Organising the timely return of our vehicles to ensure products are back at the depot for onward delivery
- Conducting investigations alongside HR and Team Leaders into accidents or driver-related issues
- Creating solutions with the support of Team Leaders to improve MPG and driving styles
- Working together with the Transport Team to ensure KPIs are met
This list is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake other duties.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
To join us as a Retail Operator - Transport, you will need:
- To be educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience of managing your own workload within a pressurised environment
- A sound understanding of vehicle planning
- Sound geographical knowledge
- A basic understanding of driver’s hours regulations/tachograph law
It would be desirable if you had:
- Previous experience of working in a transport / distribution / logistics environment
Individuals with previous experience in roles such as Transport Assistant, Transport Clerk, Transport Co-ordinator, Transport Planner, Retail Planner or Despatch would be advantageous.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
We believe our employees are the driving force behind our success, which is why we offer a wide range of benefits.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer the added bonus of an excellent benefits package, which include – but are not limited to – the following:
- Free Fowler Welch Health Cash Plan
- Free life insurance as a Fowler Welch employee equal to three times your basic salary
- Competitive pension scheme
- ‘Cycle 2 Work’ Scheme – save up to 42% on the cost of a new bike and necessary equipment
- Recognition schemes for our exceptional employees – monthly winners receive £100 of shopping vouchers
Apply now and join us on the road to success!
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.