An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Manager to join a well established National company based in Reading.
Main duties will include:
- Support the manager with leading the direction and motivation of staff being aware of issues and proposing solutions to improve
- Support the manager to ensure business development phone calls are conducted and logged using CRM
- Support the manager to ensure new customers (prospects) are acquired and taken through prospect process using CRM
- Ensure strong working procedures are followed within store to ensure branch runs efficiently – eg. filing to be completed at the end of the day/ action plan created
- Suport the manager in development of staff skills including product and sales training. Identify areas for improvement and lead their personal development using all resources available
- Ensure all customers are greeted on arrival and approached at an appropriate moment to identify their needs and solutions are suggested enthusiastically
- Support the manager to ensure staff deliver the companies vision for the store and customer experience
- Ensure all staff actively participate in company promotions
- Support the manager in preparation and execution of yearly stock take
- Ensure PPI is conducted and discrepancies are thoroughly investigated
- Attend and actively contribute to Assistant manager’s meetings throughout the year
- Ensure both current and redundant paperwork is filed and stored safely and logically so that documents can be readily retrieved (complying to PCI DSS obligations)
- Ensure staff maintain a satisfactory level of appearance and personal hygiene
- Implement Company Health and Safety policy and ensure continued compliance
- Support the manager in ensuring the swift and well merchandised roll out of new product into store
- Be able to lead product demonstrations or training when required
- Be able to undertake weekly buildings inspections & report defects promptly
- Manage contractors when on site, ensuring compliance with any H&S procedures
Qualifications and/or Experience:
At least 1 years experience within a branch/retail environment.
This is a great opportunity for either an experienced assistant manager or for someone looking to take their first step into management.
Behaviours / Competencies:
- Demonstrate ability to remain calm and focused when under pressure
- High level of communication to both staff and management to ensure information is available to all appropriate parties
- Maintain and develop productive working relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers
- Look to constantly increase the overall sales of the branch, supporting the manager’s plan to develop areas in order to grow the sales of the branch
- Demonstrate commercial awareness – in particular managing the improvement of margin and understanding of product sales mix and tackling under performing areas of sales
- Support the manager in the management of the sales performance of colleagues being able to assess staff’s performance and contribute to improvement plans
- Develop good relationships and knowledge of trade / repeat customers
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of the Company’s product range including ancillary products
- The ideal candidate will be target driven, competitive, enthusiasticSalary
£22k basic with an OTE of £25k with an excellent benefits package including:Life assurance, staff discounts.
For further information contact Di Wonfor on (phone number removed) or email your CV
We are acting as an employment agency in relation to the above position
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.