We are urgently seeking to recruit a Facilities Officer to start next week for a 6 month temp booking. The role is 35 hours per week and the Facilities officer will be paid £14.50 per hour.
It would be a bonus if the successful Facilities Officer lives close to ‘Elephant and Castle’.
The Facilities Officer will work at a large Public Sector organisation and will help them with a phased return to the office for their staff. Ensuring that Health and safety is adhered too.
This role is office based and not remote.
Candidates must be immediately available to start next week.
Main Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Maintain all buildings to a safe standard, ensuring compliance with all health and safety, fire and environmental legislation and standards.
- Engage with approved contractors.
- To make good and carry out repairs and maintenance.
- Respond to emergencies across the estate, (e.g. major floods, power outages, major system failures, windows crashing etc.)
- Maintain legal compliance of estate accessibility, including maintenance of disabled lifts, accessible doors and ramps.
- Assist with fire and emergency evacuation drills.
- Organise required resources for all meeting rooms.
- Able to specify, agree and order goods and services from existing or new suppliers.
- Manage the incoming and outgoing mail services.
This role may include some weekend work. Also, the Facilities Officer may be called upon to open and close the office.
Start date: Immediate
Location: near ‘Elephant & Castle’
Duration: 6 months
Rate of pay: £14.55 per hour