Who are we looking for?
To fulfil this role you will possess excellent retail management skills, which ideally you will have gained within a similar environment. But we will consider candidates with differing experiences who are passionate enough to convince us they have what it takes.
You will also have the following qualities:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to challenge others to improve their performance
- Skills to train and delegate effectively
- Time Management Skills
- AND ideally, you will have a passion for outdoor travel adventure.
About the role
The successful candidate will use their skillset, personality and experience to engage the shop team in driving all aspects of the shop performance whilst maintaining our reputation for outstanding quality and customer service. Regular weekend working is an important part of the role.
Main duties of the role consist of:
- Reaching and exceeding sales targets through assisting customers in the selection and purchase of merchandise.
- Organising and implementing store rotas and covering shifts and holidays thorough effective staff management.
- Helping, training and motivating sales staff on selling procedures to help achieve sales goals
- Achieving commercial success through organising the store merchandise standards stock control and restocking.
- Maintaining high levels of product knowledge and a passion for sharing that knowledge with customers, local businesses and other organisations.
What's in it for you?
Having been retailing for over 40 years in the UK outdoor clothing industry, we are able to offer an attractive pay and benefits package including:
- Structured sales and management training
- Clothing allowance
- 50% discount on clothing for staff purchases
- Contributions to a Pension scheme
- 28 days paid holiday
- Franchise bonus scheme
How to apply
To apply for the role of Retail Shop Manager please click on the Apply button and follow the short application procedure.