The role will lead a team through change, so the successful person will need to have proven experience creating and leading projects from creation to completion, while driving and coaching a team.
You will need to be a proven influencer, seeking to improve the behaviour of others to achieve the operational performance targets that will bring success. The role will be responsible for SOP's, Health & Safety, empowerment to the team and KPI setting to aid in production and customer satisfaction.
This is a great opportunity to work for a business that will provide autonomy and influence decisive actions that add value throughout the operation. The Warehouse and Dispatch Manager will ensure the smooth running of both internal and external production supplies in accordance with customer delivery requirements.
The Warehouse and Dispatch Manager will also be responsible for:
* All delivery related customer communication, the receipt of customer orders and planning.
* Managing inventory within budgetary constraints by monitoring stock levels & production demand and by reviewing materials.
* Maintaining/monitoring supplier delivery performance.
* Working with Sales to build a reliable warehouse forward forecast.
* Quickly identifying short term priorities based on customer needs.
* Understanding problems, initiating long term structured improvement projects and ensuring their timely delivery.
* Reviewing discrepancies and driving continuous improvement.
* Managing and initiating specific improvement projects.
* Using IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs.
* Using associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle.
* Using data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements.
* Allocating and managing staff resources according to changing needs.
* Liaising and negotiating with 3PL contracts required to support the supply chain operations.
* Continually trying to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures.
* Implementing health and safety procedures.
* Managing staff training issues.
* Motivating other members of the team.
* Setting objectives.
* Have management experience with leading a team across Material Handling, Warehousing and Distribution.
* Have experience working in a manufacturing and/or supply chain environment.
* Be competent in the use of Excel to an advanced level for reporting purposes.
* Have experience working with material and supply chain management in a manufacturing business.
* Have experience with lead change initiatives that drive best practice and performance improvement.
* Have led training on health & safety, SOP and warehouse management systems.
£32,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
To find out more and apply please send your CV to Carl Walker.
Elevation Recruitment Group's Procurement and Supply Chain division work with a vast range of businesses across Yorkshire and Humberside, Lincolnshire and East Midlands regions.