We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 79,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
Kingfisher IT supports every brand and every individual user across our global business. That’s huge. And that’s not all – Kingfisher IT are simplifying the way we work by streamlining and improving our systems and technology, across every part of our business.
We’re an encouraging, open-minded and passionate bunch at Kingfisher IT, always looking for the best way of doing things by pursuing innovation in the field and continually raising standards. When you become part of our team, you’ll see the impact you have in every decision you make.
This role is a specialist dev-ops engineer, to facilitate continuous delivery of quality software using DevOps practices and principles. This role will contribute to outputs of an emerging Kingfisher platform capability. You’ll help us to deliver our Digital Platforms vision which is to create a simple, flexible platform for our customers to consume via self-service.
- You'll be responsible for the implementation and upkeep of common pipelines and paths to production and the implementation and upkeep of common standards and practices.
- You'll be working with the product owner and scrum masters to create and communicate a cohesive platform vision in accordance with KF infrastructure strategies and vendors or Open Source technology as required.
- You’ll be responsible for helping build, manage, support and improve these capabilities including all the normal DevOps type skills (automation, collaboration, continuous delivery etc) in our AWS, Openstack and other future cloud services.
- The role requires a broad cross section of skills along with a strong consultative approach. It is working with the team and consumers on-site to ensure that the right practices are in place and to take the lead on automating as far as possible.
- As a hands-on role, you’ll be actively pairing to share knowledge and increase delivery team’s maturity around Operability.
- You'll be responsible for platform backlog grooming and planning and automation of all aspects. You'll be responsible for the knowledge sharing with wider team as well as implementation and upkeep of common IAAS, PAAS & tooling capabilities.
- Solid experience with Kubernetes platform
- You'll have a background utilising DevOps practices to enable Continuous Delivery, you'll be open to pair programming and working closely with Developers in cross functional teams.
- Scripting language or coding experience (including Powershell, Python, Shell, Bash) is key and a strong technical background in build, release and environments, with experience of CI tools like Jenkins. You'll have a strong knowledge of Linux (Redhat, Ubuntu and CentOS) and Windows, strong knowledge of Private and Public Cloud Capabilities (OpenStack, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc).
- Experience in Infrastructure provisioning tools e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure ARM as well as strong automation skills, including experience with unit testing and automated testing tools including Ansible, Puppet or equivalent tools.
- You'll have proven ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier services using tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef or Salt and a good understanding of telemetry practices (monitoring, graphing, alerting, anomaly detection).
- A solid understanding of networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, FTP, DHCP, DNS as well as Palo Alto, Cumulus and F5) and expertise with software build tools (GitHub, Jenkins etc).
- Experience of running software in production is key and demonstrable experience of working closely with and supporting the security administration process and relevant security domain leads, within a cloud/dev-ops context.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, we can’t wait to hear from you.