My client, a marketing leading manufacturing company based near Manchester, are seeking an experienced Buyer for the Procurement team.
The Buyer will be responsible for managing the end to end buying process and managing multiple suppliers across Europe and the Far East with a focus on cost effectiveness.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Assessing and sourcing of quality products and supplies from the UK, Europe and Far East
* Develop strong supplier relationships to ensure lowest total cost of purchase
* Negotiation of material costs and payments terms
* Monitor material quality and the performance of suppliers
* Minimising exposure through accurate supply chain management
* Monitor invoicing and escalating to accounts if needed
* Active participation in continuous improvement initiatives
* Regular and efficient cross communication with user departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
Key skills required:
* Understanding of production processes and the impact of purchasing decisions
* Purchasing experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
* Experience in Low Cost Country Sourcing e.g. Asia and Eastern Europe
* Strong communication and negotiating skills
* Multi-lingual (Mandarin would be a preferred language)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that has rapidly grown over recent months and are dedicated to their employees success and well being.
Salary on offer is between £28,000 and £35,000 dependent on experience. Please get in touch with Jessica Ingram for more information.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.