First Line Manager
Shift Pattern - 37 hours per week on rota basis, fully flexible including weekend working
Salary - £30,000
There’s no feeling quite like uniting tech lovers everywhere and we get to do it every single day. Connecting our people, our customers and our partners. We’re a team of 41,000 colleagues working across nine countries to deliver excellence. Be part of framing the future with us. You’ll certainly feel proud when you see what you can achieve here.
Join us as a First Line Manager and you'll be responsible for coaching and motivating your team to make every step of the warehouse operation first-class. In this role you’ll report into the Operations Manager and work together to get the most out of your team. You’ll do it because you love delivering the best customer service and get a buzz out of resolving challenges. It’s a great feeling, and you’ll get to experience it often.
As part of this role, you’ll be responsible for:
* Supervising the running of the site, staffing and other resources
* Providing regular and consistent performance feedback
* Motivating the team to deliver on targets
* Influencing operational decisions
People skills are one thing, but you’ll go a step further here by providing mentoring that puts performance improvement first. You won’t stop in your pursuit of the best, for your team, the business and yourself.
You will need:
* Some experience or exposure to people management
* A track record of contributing to operational success
* To be confident working and developing a team to deliver for our customers
We’re one team and we celebrate all of the great things you do. One way we show our gratitude is by giving you access to a range of lifestyle benefits, including:
* Performance related bonus
* Competitive pension scheme
* Discounts across big brand names in retail, travel and cinema
* Store discounts in our Currys PC World, Dixons Travel and Carphone Warehouse sites
* 6 weeks of annual leave (inclusive of bank holiday entitlement)
Beyond that, we’ll be with you every step of the way, enabling you to get the most out of your role. Training plans are a given, and you’ll have access to additional e-learning resources to really see your career develop in the way you want. We’re building a team that brings technology to people, making their lives better, easier and fuller, and you can be part of it.
Since the Covid-19 pandemic began we’ve all had to adapt to a new way of working. Although life in our business is a little different since coronavirus struck, the wellbeing of our team – and potential new colleagues – is our priority, now and in the future. Visit (url removed)/covid-19 to discover how we’re keeping everyone safe, in stores, on site, at home and throughout the recruitment process.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.