Why Join our Procurement Team?
As a business, Hermes is driven by our four values of; Do the right thing, Dare to be different, Strive for more and Be customer obsessed. It’s because of these values that we are the UK’s leading consumer delivery service handling over 300 million parcels per year and still growing.
You’ll be part of a growing team, owning specific categories of spend to build a procurement solution that meets the need of the business that is cost effective, efficient and agile that is aligned to the Procurement and business strategy. We’ve got some pretty big ambitions for Hermes and you’ll be part and parcel of unlocking that growth and what’s more your career will grow with us.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensuring we maximise delivery in return for our spend by managing the commercial agreements between Hermes and suppliers accordingly and being the point of escalation for supplier performance
- Taking ownership for delivering specific financial savings and value-added benefits as directed by the Senior procurement manager
- Influence and align strategies to deliver improvements in Total Cost of Ownership, quality and budgeted cost savings within specific areas of the business
- Contribute to the development and improvement of Procurement activity in line with the changing needs of the business and best practise
- Working closely with and influencing senior managers and heads-of within the Business and build strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Leading contract negotiations and contract management for a range of Hermes Procurement activities, within Operational areas ensuring they are cost effective and fit for purpose in terms of protection from risk.
- Identifying and optimising synergies wherever possible across Hermes to maximise opportunities such as cost, efficiencies, and brand reputation
- Build best practise to the procurement team by working closely with internal / external category specialists and sharing insight to the wider team
- Working with stakeholders to identify supplier sets for running tenders
- Create contracts using templates that enable supplier appointments
- Taking a proactive approach in seeking new suppliers carry out the required due diligence so the Hermes PSL is fit for purpose
- Contribute to the approved supplier list based on business and functional strategy
- Manage stakeholders expectations in line with the procurement policy and contribute to the policies continuous development
Essential skills and experience required:
- You’ll may already have some great procurement experience under your belt, perhaps working as a Senior Buyer, Commodity Manager or Category Manager and will be no stranger to the quirks of supplier management and contractual agreements
- Strong financial awareness and great experience of working with and influencing others both internally and externally to ensure a win-win commercial outcome
- Experience of working to budgets, capex and cash flow requirements with a keen eye on driving and exceeding results
- You’ll be analytical, numerical, influential and charismatic adapting your style to suit both technical and non-technical audiences from board to suppliers. You’ll make the complex; simple!
- A real self-starter, you’ll have the latitude to own your own workload and hold yourself accountable to results
- A full UK driving licence with less than 6 penalty points as you’ll need to travel between our UK sites
Desirable skills and experience required:
- Degree qualification or an equivalent qualification such as CIPS would be useful but not essential
What we can offer you:
We can offer you a competitive salary, bonus, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 3% contribution into your pension, life assurance and income protection. On top of this, we offer a great range of flexible benefits that aim to provide something for everyone, so whether you want shopping vouchers, insurance or healthcare we’ve got you covered.
This role offers fantastic opportunities for you to climb the career ladder into roles within the wider Procurement team and connected functions.At Hermes, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, we thrive on it and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
If you are ready to develop your career in an empowering, growing yet supportive business then why not join us? Clicking apply is the first step to ‘Being the Me in Hermes’!