You will lead the management and delivery of key sourcing activities, together with responsibility for the commercial and contract negotiations with new and existing suppliers, to support the needs of the business in the achievement of their goals and ambitions.
The roles require strong candidates with a minimum of five years' experience in Sourcing - specifically with a deep expertise in either IT or Professional/Corporate services spend categories. The IT / Technology Category Manager will support the projects of their defined area of spend, working alongside peers and managing a team of Buyers for complex procurement exercises that includes high risk or high value spend. This can include contracts such as Software, Hardware, Information and Communications Technology.
The role will play a pivotal part to achieve the strategic aims and objectives of the Procurement Strategy and meet the needs of the business unit.
The IT / Technology Category Manager will have total ownership of their defined area of spend, you will be working with a variety of stakeholders and customers to deliver VFM and cost saving initiatives. Based in Leeds or Bradford.
The IT / Technology Category Manager duties will include:
* Liaising with stakeholder groups to define innovative procurement activities that drive real value
* Leading and managing substantial category spend, sourcing plans and creating category objectives to improve service and cost reduction
* As a procurement advisor, supporting customer accounts, providing market and commercial insight with market forces
* Leading category plans with stakeholders, running tender exercises end to end
* Managing complex procurement strategies
* Defining and allocating the spend category
* Working with both internal and external key stakeholders to develop sourcing strategies
* Working closely with internal stakeholders to maintain a rolling schedule of future procurement requirements and tendering exercises within the categories, for which you are responsible
* Undertaking Supplier Relationship Management with key suppliers in order to manage risks, making the most of opportunities to innovate, and identifying and negotiating further savings
The successful Procurement Manager will have the following skills and expertise:
* Strong people skills that enable leadership and helps to gain the confidence of stakeholders
* A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
* MCIPS Qualified (working towards full qualification)
* Demonstrate ongoing commitment to achieve personal and team goals
* Excellent commercial acumen and negotiation skills
£48,000 - £55,000 + pension, holiday, flexible benefits.
If you want to discuss this position in more detail, please call Carl Walker at Elevation Recruitment Group.
Elevation Recruitment Group's Procurement and Supply Chain division work with a vast range of business across Yorkshire and Humberside, Lincolnshire and East Midlands regions.