An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our global FMCG client Unilever the powerhouse behind brands Sure, Persil, Ben & Jerrys and Dove, are currently seeking a senior Procurement Manager based in Blackfriars, London. This is a full-time temporary role to run until end of December 2020 with strong possibility of extension.
The successful applicant will need to be available to start with 1-2 weeks notice. This is a full-time role working 36.25 hours per week, Monday-Friday. This role is paying £56,800 PAYE per annum pro rata or £500 per day as a Limited Contractor.
The successful applicant will support a major ongoing global project transitioning from RFP into negotiation, transition and delivery phases. Driving service, savings and compliances in the Indirect procurement space ranging across IT space. Responsible for IT sourcing projects globally, specifically within the IT software, application maintenance and services space.
- Support the global procurement strategy development and implementation related to software and related services Supporting the review of identifying optimum supplier relationships for the organisation gathering contract and spend data, and researching suppliers & markets as required
- Support in coordination of efforts of multiple teams to track and deliver on actions in a timely way
- Deep dive into numbers and implications of proposed supplier or software changes
- Be part of a negotiation team for major global project, sometimes leading specific areas of discussion, working closely with external legal advisors
- Identify, facilitate and deliver benefits through vendor relationship management / value optimisation techniques working in tandem with the concerned stakeholders & internal teams
- Input into business case development
- Ensure business compliance to procurement policies and contracts and take any corrective actions required
- Savings: Negotiating contracts with service providers and optimize costs, and contract finalization, and Implementing cost saving initiatives
- Support and participate in contract drafting as required (working with legal and business teams), sometimes leading this exercise
- Work within defined procurement procedures and always adhere to the Code of Business Principles
- Compliances: Drive the compliance requirements being rolled out to vendors and ensure that mandatory compliance standards are met including contracts
- Global strategic sourcing projects: ensure lead / support on end to end strategic project globally
- Degree level and MCIPS + a minimum of 10 - 15 years experience of either Indirect procurement or vendor management with exposure to finance
- Experience in Indirect procurement purchases (Preferably in buying AMS/AD, software and supporting services. Having understanding /experience of digital procurement is preferable, (like AI, Machine learning, E-tender etc)