Job Title: Regional Support Manager
Location: South East (UK)
Salary: £30,000 - £34,000
Are you an experienced Support Manager? Do you have experience within the Domestic or Commercial Building Manufacturing sector? Are you looking to step into a Regional Role or are you currently within a Regional Role? – If so, then this is the position for you!
This fantastic opportunity is available to work for one of the markets leading and largest Building Manufacturing and Supply companies in the UK, who are now currently recruiting for a Regional Support Manager (RSM). As an RSM you will be responsible to cover holidays, sickness and other operational needs across the region. The role requires extensive travel and where required overnight stays.
- To provide operational cover for branches across the region and where required in neighbouring regions. When covering absent branch managers, the RCM is expected to lead the branch team to the high standards expected by the Company.
- To assist in the development of branch improvement plans and to support branch teams in delivering actions in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the trade counter staff whilst under your supervision.
- To coach and develop trade counter team members to positively engage with customers to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Whilst in branch, identify sales opportunities (cross-sell and upsell) and support team members to practice new techniques to increase sales and gross profit margin.
- To maintain a high level of working knowledge on the various computer system in operation across the region.
- Whilst not covering specific absences the RCM is expected to support training and development of new colleagues across the region, particularly in the following areas: use of the computer systems, correct manual handling techniques, product knowledge and customer service.
- To support the field sales teams in prospecting for new business, following up with existing customers, resolving ongoing issues and to help clear aged debt.
- Under the direction of the RM or ROM support branch teams with stock takes, PI checks, reorganisation of stock and stock ordering when not covering a specific branch.
- Ensure that computer system records are up to date and current.
- Ensure that banking is completed daily and all cash is secure at close of business each day. Banking to be deposited as per company procedures.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes, ensuring team members understand and are in full compliance.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Effective communication and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and driven, with a good understanding of customer service requirements
- PC literate and able to understand and operate the company sales platforms, IT systems, and other company systems.
- Proven career development within trade merchanting leading others to deliver high levels of performance
- Sales experience within the building envelope arena, with a track record of winning new business and retaining customers.
- Knowledge and experience within the cellular and building plastics industry, fenestration sector, or construction trade counter environment desirable.
This exciting role will not be around long, make sure you apply today with an up to date CV before you miss out!