Our client is a Public Limited Company that provides business advice services and investment to UK businesses. They are now seeking two experienced Procurement professionals, with knowledge of running OJEU tenders for services and experience of public sector procurement.
This is a great time to join the organisation and work cross functionally with the Contracts and SRM teams, providing commercial advice and guidance to stakeholders across a wide range of procurement spend. This includes IT, Marketing & Communication, HR and Professional Services.
The procurement activity pipeline is very busy and there will be the opportunity to work with the Head of Commercial & Procurement as a key member of the Procurement team, and help introduce category management and other best practice.
What will you be doing?
• Lead and co-ordinate Public Sector regulated tenders
• Contribute to management information (MI) that provides senior management with market knowledge and helps them make informed decision making
• Assist with contract management and supplier relationship management
• Carry out forward planning of procurement activity including reviewing tender event schedules
• Work closely with the Head of Commercial and Procurement to continue establishing Procurement as a strategic partner to the organisation
• Coach and mentor colleagues in Procurement as well as wider business stakeholders
• Promote Procurement across the business through continuous improvement and procurement education tools
Skills and experienced required:
• Recent experience in Public Sector procurement and a track record of being responsible for OJEU service tenders is essential
• Commercial acumen
• A team player with a "can do" attitude
• Clear communication skills and able to build professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders at all levels
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced culture and able to manage multiple procurement projects
• Enjoys bring new ideas to Procurement as well as mentoring and developing others