Title: Assistant Store Manager
Location: HG1, Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Here at O2, we’re about technology that creates new and exciting experiences. It’s why there are over 25 million people who choose to live life on O2.
Being part of Telefonica, one of the world’s most innovative digital companies, we’re able to open up all sorts of possibilities - not just for customers, but for the people who work for us, too.
Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. Flexible working. These are just some of the reasons we attract great talent.
Our inclusive approach to recruitment helps us be a true reflection of our customers and their communities. That’s why everybody’s welcome at O2 - it’s time to get everyone in the room.
Your role is to help create a motivated and engaged team through leading, coaching and inspiring. You will encourage team members to love the job they do and make sure they are having great conversations with our customers to understanding their needs using Leap, so they sell the right product and service to them. Making every day better for our customers through personal experiences that count.
You will also manage individual’s performance and develop the team to achieve and improve on business targets, store standards and compliance.
Reporting to the Store Leader and having people management responsibility for the team members within the Store, you will lead the store with the Store Leader on a daily basis.
Travel is part of the role through Store Visits and wider team meetings and depending on the Store location and trading patterns, weekend and evening working will be expected.
The main responsibilities of the role are to:
- Empower your team to have great conversations with our customers, helping them to buy more easily
- Monitor daily store activity/targets by the delivery of daily briefings and important business information to the team
- Lead the performance of the team alongside the Store Leader and delivering monthly 1-2-1s
- Utilise o2 Campus and Leap sales framework
- Deliver regular, consistent and effective reviews and demonstrate coaching behaviours to help grow talent and succession within the store
- Be passionate about O2`s products, services and propositions and understand what we offer as a business. Becoming a guide in all things O2.
- Use in store systems to take ownership of compliance to adhere to O2 policies
- Maximise productivity in the Store and delivering store rotas
- Ensure store is following key compliance requirements in relation to store standards, Health & Safety, cash management, security and stock management, FCA compliance, refunds and discounts
- Deputise for the Store Leader when needed
- Work with your team to take ownership of the store appearance, taking pride in where you work
What we look for is:
- Someone who is motivated to work to targets and deadlines
- Someone who has previous Budget and Profit and Loss responsibility
- Someone who takes the lead, encourages and develops teams to be the best and brings their team on a journey
- Coaching skills
- The ability to work frameworks to provide support and development
- Someone who can change and adapt to suit our needs
- Commercial experience
- Someone who understands the importance of delivering great customer experiences, the awareness of a customer-centric culture. Putting the customer first in everything that we do
- Someone who has an interest in technology and mobiles
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.