Working in partnership with the Buying department, plan, trade and maximise commercial opportunities within the category. Manage supply chain in order to deliver optimumn availability across all branches and ecommerce channels, whilst working within guidelines outlined by the business.
- Sales and Profit Maximisation
- Monitor performance versus plan and drive appropriate action to maximise any commercial opportunities.
- Communicate trading issues and provide future forecasts for business senior management.
- Review MI available to propose and implement markdown activity, analyse markdown activity and provide trading feedback to senior management.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets, including sales, margin and planned closing stocks.
- Stock and Commitment Management
- Manage intake of goods in line with agreed stock levels.
- Work with the Supply Chain to optimise order methods (Direct to branch/Distribution centre).
- Work with the Supply Chain to reduce prohibiting MOQ's.
- Plan initial allocation of product launches, including "Fixture Fill" stock levels and Distribution centre replenishment.
- Manage "Open to Buy" in accordance with the WSSI and agreed closing stock, challenge the business where planned stock levels are detrimental to sales opportunities.
- Monitor and manage the availability of stock, by re-forecasting expected weekly demand, building and executing an effective order frequency cycle that is in line with lead-time of goods.
- Manage category "Aged" stock in line with agreed KPI.
- Supplier Management
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the existing supply base.
- Analyse supplier delivery performance and, in conjunction with the Buyer take appropriate actions.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills to understand performance metrics
- The ability to work under pressure in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- The ability to prioritise and effectively plan workload
- The capability to work well as part of a team and to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to understand what will appeal to customers
- Advanced excel skills
- Creative flair
- Self Confidence
- Attention to detail