Salary: Competitive salary with Bonus Scheme & Benefits Package
Do you have a "can do" attitude? Are you looking for a fast-paced role in a market leading international company which is constantly evolving?
The Buyer/Expeditor Role:
Within this role, you will be responsible for leading, developing and managing all purchasing related activity for assigned products and services in accordance with ongoing business requirements.
The successful candidate will liaise closely with other departments to ensure progress meets with the overall requirements.
The ideal candidate will have an HNC in Mechanical Engineering, or relevant experience within a manufacturing industry. Applicants must be articulate and professional with excellent communication skills.
The role may involve travel and applicants must be able to offer the commitment and flexibility to support this in line with business requirements.
Buyer/Expeditor Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Contribute to a positive safety culture by supporting the Sulzer Safe Behaviour Program (SBP).
- Ensure full compliance to all relevant departmental management procedures including cross functional ones.
- Accountability for target achievement of core operational KPIs for assigned vendors.
- Adherence to Sulzer policies and procedures regarding the purchase of products and services and in accordance with the Finance department's procedures which are applicable to Procurement.
- Expediting order requirements with suppliers to ensure that supply meets client requirements and that vendor or shipment problems are dealt with.
- Resolution of corrective actions when goods supplied do not meet specification with requirement for the supplier to rework the goods where necessary.
- Progressing on time delivery and quality of procured items with suppliers.
About you as the ideal Buyer/Expeditor:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced results driven organisation
- Excellent negotiating / cost analysis skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Flexibility and willingness to travel in accordance with business requirements
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Attention to detail
- 30 days holiday + 3 fixed days (increases with service)
- On site car parking
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Subsidised canteen
At Sulzer, we build on the strengths and diversity of our people. We are all different and all have unique skills to contribute so that Sulzer is always stronger than the sum of its parts.
Are you the right person for Sulzer, are you looking for the thrill of new challenges?
Sulzer is a global partner with reliable and sustainable solutions for performance-critical applications. We specialize in pumping solutions, separation, reaction, and mixing technology, as well as rotating equipment maintenance and services. Combining engineering and application expertise, our innovative solutions add value and strengthen the competitive position of our customers. Sulzer is a leading provider in its key markets: oil and gas, power and water. We serve clients worldwide through a network of over 150 locations.