Robert Walters are currently working with an instantly recognisable retail business in their search for a permanent Finance Manager. Reporting directly into the Divisional FD the business seeks a technically strong, commercially focussed candidate who's able to lead a team through a period of change. The organisation that we're representing are highly profitable and are market leaders in their sector. The business has a growing brand, exceptional backing and are well ahead of their short and medium term growth targets. With an exceptionally strong senior management team in place the candidate will have the ability to 'grow' into the organisation and deliver extensive commercial value add.
The permanent Finance Manager will play a critical role in managing the existing finance team, improving commercial performance, driving reporting efficiencies and delivering key MI to aid better decision making by the executive team. Once in role the candidate will be responsible for liaising with senior stakeholders both across finance and the wider business.
Specific duties include:
- Prepare monthly management accounts and deliver results to group head office
- Improve and develop existing financial controls and processes
- Take ownership of key financial metrics to drive commercial performance and margin delivery
- Develop enhanced KPI's and roll these out across the finance division
- Assist in the building, development and integration of a newly defined budgeting and forecasting process
- Influence and challenge commercial stakeholders across the business
- Business partnering with key stakeholders in order to deliver improved analysis, MI and data flows
- Analyse large quantities of raw data, develop existing financial models and provide recommendations to assist future business decisions
- Provide commercial recommendations relating to monthly and quarterly sales performance
- Liaise with business as usual and project finance teams to ensure that entities are delivering in line with projections and deadlines are hit
- Preparation of complex Management Information (MI) and project steering packs for the senior management team
- Management of a small finance team (3 individuals)
Candidates wishing to apply for this role will be a CCAB Qualified accountant ideally with experience within an FMCG, logistics / distribution, retail or manufacturing focussed business. Further to this the individual will have experience of working across a larger multi site organisation. The candidate will have highly developed stakeholder management skills and will be well versed in liaising and influencing senior individuals across the business. The post holder will be commercially strong and will have experience of implementing and delivering improved budget processes, commercial models and 3/5 year business plans. The candidate will have the ability to prepare detailed MI, analyse information and make commercial recommendations to the executive team.
Candidates who are available at short notice (maximum of 1 months notice) would be at a distinct advantage as the client is looking to move quickly with this role.