We have an exciting opportunity to join a forward-thinking, growing company, a true leader in their field. Working within this niche market, our client is seeking a creative, proactive and experienced Head of Buying to work alongside the supply chain and interior designers.
Are you a positive, proactive, and creative individual with experience in the furniture procurement/ interior design sector? Do you thrive on working in a very busy team, to tight deadlines and are passionate about what you do!
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who is wanting to work with a progressive, forward thinking, dynamic company who has a reputation that is second to none,
- Day to day this role will predominantly be working alongside the Supply Chain and Design team on procurement of furniture and accessory items for show home projects and property staging, as well as establishing relationships with key suppliers and negotiating commercial terms with them.
- To put together a range of affordable and premium collections
- You will have experience within interiors and accessories and have a keen interest in furniture and design
- Source new suppliers and negotiate
- Working closely with the Design team to maximise business
- Develop and implement a buying and merchandising strategy across the furniture, accessories and home furnishings
- Implement a strategy to increase average selling price/basket value
- Have a keen eye for design, with a focus on new and up and coming trends and to bring fresh ideas to the team of new furniture and accessories
- Specify the price, style, range and sourcing strategies to reflect the changing needs of the customer
- Have experience in a similar role within retail, home furnishings/accessories
- An established supplier network
- Have the ability to organise own workload and work to tight deadlines
- Have strong negotiation and influencing skills
If this role is of interest, please contact Louisa Ellis