Job Purpose: As a Branch Manager, you will be responsible for the development and performance of your branch and trade counter. You will manage all the branch team providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum sales and profitability, with growth in line with the company vision and values embodied in the company KPIs. You are responsible for ensuring that you and all your staff adhere to the company policies and procedures.
You will be responsible for establishing & implementing plans to expand your customer base and develop the trade counter staff to the required standard.
- Be involved in the development, plans and sales strategies for your branch that ensures the attainment of maximising company sales and profitability in accordance with company policy. Ensure that your branch achieves or surpasses any targets and budgets set in accordance with the group policy.
- Assist in the development and implementation of sales, development and marketing plans as required.
- Initiate and co-ordinate development of the branch action plan to maintain existing business & obtain new business.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the trade counter staff, including any necessary training and development.
- Conduct reviews with the trade counter staff to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide for the improvement of trade counter staff sales and activity performance.
- Provide timely feedback to senior managers/directors regarding sales & profit performance, and the results of any KPIs and the subsequent actions required.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales, deliveries, stock orders and activity reports.
- Ensure that computer system records are up to date and current.
- Control branch costs and expenses, stock, and all aspects of your branch.
- Ensure that banking is completed daily and all cash is secure at close of business each day. Banking to be deposited as per company procedures.
- Promotion of the highest levels of customer service and ensuring a top customer experience at all times.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
Key Experiences and Skills Required:
- Ensure that all trade counter staff meet or exceed all activity standards required to complete their role.
- Where appropriate delegate responsibility with accountability and follow-up
- Set examples for trade counter staff in areas of personal character, commitment, organisational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Conduct regular coaching and training exercises with trade counter staff to build motivation and selling skills, and build a strong team culture. Where necessary arrange external specialist training as required.
- Promote through yourself and your staff the highest levels of customer service giving an optimum customer experience.
- Maintain contact with all your customers, and continually prospect for new ones.
- Liaise and cooperate with all work colleagues within the company, group and wider Epwin community.