Indirect & Direct Procurement / Category Manager | North West (Remote Working) | 6 month contract | £40-45k | Online Retailer
Zachary Daniels are an opportunity for a Procurement Category Manager to join a growing Procurement Team for a leading North West retailer Initially on a 6 month Contract with a view to going perm.
About the Opportunity
Reporting into the Procurement Manager, the Category Managers ensure that they deliver excellence in Procurement through timely and accurate service to the Procurement Manager and business stakeholders. There is a number of projects across Indirect and Direct categories so we are looking for candidates with broad experience.
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for a Category Manager who excels in stakeholder management and is experienced in managing the end to end sourcing process. Effective time management and ability to efficiently prioritise an intensive workload is crucial.
Working in a busy and exciting retail organisation, you will have in depth experience of planning and executing sourcing activities. Your expertise will provide support to the business in procurement negotiations and contract reviews, working alongside the procurement team to ensure procurement policy & process are adhered to throughout the business.
The candidate should have the relevant experience and capabilities to ensure delivery of the objectives while initially working remotely.
Skills and experience:
* Proven track record of delivering in a procurement / category manager role
* CIPS qualified
* Experienced in retail or digital sectors
* Highly analytical and numerate
* Competent is Excel
* Excellent attention to detail
* Proven track record in deploying effective negotiation and influencing skills
* Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience
* Collaborative in approach
* Strong communication and influencing skills
* Proven and strong negotiation skills
* Demonstrable and proven track record of delivering cost savings, cost efficiencies, total cost of ownership improvement and continuous improvement
* Project and Program Management experience on high value/risk/complexity project
If you're looking for your next challenge in a growing team, that's committed to delivering effective procurement, we want to hear from you.