As a Branch Assistant, you are responsible for assisting the manager in the deliveries and sales of your branch. You will work alongside your trade counter colleagues undertaking tasks as directed, including but not limited to; loading/unloading, picking stock, delivering stock and serving customers. You will be expected to comply and follow all company policies and directives and look to progress your knowledge. You will also be required to drive in this role and help with deliveries.
• Assist the manager in the development, plans and sales strategies for your branch that ensures the attainment of maximising company sales and profitability in accordance with company policy. Ensure that your branch achieves or surpasses any targets and budgets set in accordance with the group policy.
• Assist in the development and implementation of sales, development and marketing plans as required.
• Be able to identify, pick, load and deliver product in a timely and professional way.
• Unloading, checking, picking, and loading deliveries
• Provide cover in the absence of the manager/assistant.
• Assist in staff reviews, training and activity performance.
• Ensure best practice at all times.
• Maintain accurate records of sales, deliveries, vehicle checks reports as required.
• Promotion of good housekeeping and keeping the branch in order.
• Promotion of the highest levels of customer service and ensuring a top customer experience at all times.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and help ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
• Other duties as assigned.
Key Experiences and Skills Required:
• Promote a culture where all staff meet or exceed all activity standards.
• Set examples for trade counter staff in areas of personal character, commitment, organisational and selling skills, and work habits.
• Demonstrate the highest levels of customer service
• Maintain contact with all your customers, and continually prospect for new ones.
• Liaise and cooperate with all work colleagues within the company, group and wider Epwin community.
• Must have full driving license
Desirables Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Good local Knowledge, and knowledge of the local road system.
• Full UK driving licence
• PC Literate
• Able to listen and follow instructions
• Ideally some knowledge of the construction industry
• Able to work well within a close team environment
• Reliability – consistent, clear, integrity, enthusiastic, trust worthy
• Level headed – Able to deal with problems in a calm and methodical manner
• Local knowledge of customers and the local area
• Physically fit
• Team player, flexible with a “can do” attitude